Yishai Shlissel was indicted today in a Jerusalem court for his terror attack on the Jerusalem Gay Pride Parade, shop Israeli media reported.

Shlissel (sometimes spelled “Schlissel”) murdered 16-year-old Shira Banki at the parade and tried to murder six other marchers during the July 30 parade. He was restrained and arrested July 30 while he was still trying to stab more marchers.

The 39-year-old Schlissel was charged with one count of premeditated murder, check six counts of attempted murder, and with causing injuries under aggravated circumstances.

Shlissel’s remand was also extended until tomorrow, when another hearing will be held on his detention.

At the reading of the indictment, Shlissel reportedly told the court that “the [Gay] Pride Parade must be canceled to elevate Shira Banki’s soul. If you care for her wellbeing, you must cease this blasphemy against God. The [Gay Pride Parades] bring harsh decrees on Israel.…Whenever there is a Gay Pride Parade, stop the blasphemy against God. Stop the madness and all the people of Israel should repent.”

In 2005, Shlissel also staged a terror attack on the Jerusalem Gay Pride Parade, stabbing four people. He served ten years in prison and was released only three weeks before this year’s parade.

Police, however, failed to watch Shlissel or prepare for the possibility he would attack this year’s parade – even though Shlissel made public statements after his release in the haredi media and in pamphlets he distributed warning that the parade must be stopped and calling on all Jews to rise up and sacrifice themselves to protect the name of God from the abomination of the parade by preventing it from being held.

Despite all this, police claim intelligence information they received did not indicate Shlissel might attack this year’s parade, so they failed to closely monitor him.

But police also appear to have failed to follow their own security plan for the parade, and their apparent negligence in this regard also contributed to Banki’s murder and to the stabbings of the other victims.

Several mid-level police officials are expected to be reassigned over the failures – a response to the widespread failures many in the LGBT community feel is inadequate, especially in light of Banki’s murder.

By Shmarya Rosenberg – FailedMessiah.com

Feathers flew in Manhattan court Tuesday as a group of residents demanded that a judge stop the “unsanitary’’ Jewish religious ritual of slaughtering chickens on the sidewalk during Yom Kippur.

“This is an epidemic waiting to happen. We just had this Legionnaire’s break out in The Bronx where 12 people died, rx ” said Nora Marino, prescription the lawyer for the Alliance to End Chickens as Kaporos, troche whose members carried photos of bloodied dead chickens into the courtroom.

The practice violates 15 different laws included in city and state health and agriculture regulations, Marino said.

Some Jewish people believe that the September ritual Kaporos absolves one’s sins with the sacrifice of a chicken.

Rabbi Shea Hecht, a human rights commissioner under former Mayor Rudolph Giuliani, was in court to call the lawsuit “an attack on our religious freedom.”

But Marino’s 19 clients — from the Borough Park and Crown Heights neighborhoods in Brooklyn where the ritual takes place — say the resulting “stench, litter, blood, feces and feathers” pollute city streets.

“I am an elderly woman, and this scene horrifies me each year,” said 93-year-old Borough Park resident Frances Emeric.

“I saw live chickens with dead chickens and chickens screaming while the people participating in the ritual were holding the birds by their wings,” Emeric said, describing last year’s Kaporos.

David Jaroslawicz, who represents Hecht, derided the protesting residents as a bunch of “vegetarians” and “vegans” who whipped up “make-believe hysteria where it doesn’t exist.”

He noted that during the past 40 years that the ritual has taken place, not one person has fallen ill from the slaughtered chickens.

Manhattan Supreme Court Justice Debra James said she’ll rule Sept. 10, about a week before the three-day slaughter festivities start.

By The New York Post

Following a horrific attack that sent a Chassidic man to the hospital after being beaten, purchase choked and doused with gasoline, community leaders are notifying the community that the attack did not appear to be racially motivated and the police are treating it as criminal in nature.

““Last night, a member of Montreal’s Chassidic Jewish community was severely beaten in the Cote des Neiges district; as of Friday morning, the attacker was still at large,” wrote the Centre for Israel and Jewish Affairs (CIJA). “Montreal police are treating the incident with the utmost seriousness, and are investigating all possible motives for the attack.  However, we stress that at this time there is nothing to suggest that this was a hate crime, and no conclusions should be drawn until the police investigation is complete. CIJA’s Director of Community Security, Adam Cohen, is in close communication with senior police officials. CIJA will advise the community of any significant developments.”

Rabbi Reuven Poupko told CBC News that he was informed by police that the attack did not appear to be a hate crime, yet it was “criminal in nature.”

Constable Andre Leclerc told CTV News that there is nothing yet that indicates that the victim was attacked because of his religion. “We did not conclude, we did not confirm the reason of this crime, if it’s a hate crime or not,” he said. “We’re going to wait for the work done by the investigators.”

The suspect is described as a man in his twenties wearing light coloured clothing. After beating, choking (for over a minute) and dousing the victim with gasoline, he was chased off and ran west along Van Horne. Police investigators searched the surrounding area for the bottle from which the gasoline had been poured, used sniffer dogs to try and locate the attacker, but were unsuccessful.

Constable Leclerc said that the victim was conscious when police arrived but his condition worsened in the hospital and he was sedated. Chaverim Shomrim reported that the victim was taken off the respirator Friday morning and has no broken bones. Nonetheless, they urged the community to continue praying and saying Tehillim (Psalms) for Shlomo Zalmen Ben Sheva.

By Zvi Hershcovich – Bill613.com

As more information about the beating and choking of a Chassidic man is released, an anonymous donor has come forward offering $10,000 to anyone who can provide information that will lead to the arrest of a suspect.

A community member who asked to remain anonymous is offering $10,000 for any information leading to the arrest of the man who beat, choked and doused a liquid witnesses told Bill613.com smelled like gasoline on a Chassidic man who exited the Bank of Montreal at the corner of McEachran and Van Horne Thursday evening.

In an interview with the Montreal Gazette, a witness said that he had been inside the bank with two friends just before the attack. As they left, they noticed a “muscular 25-year-old man” sitting on a bench outside the bank’s front door, holding a plastic bottle of Naya water.

The witness, a longtime local who runs a restaurant, had never seen the man in the neighbourhood before and had an “unsettling” feeling about him. “When you see a new face, you notice it,” he told the Gazette. “There was something strange about his calmness, about how he was sitting there.”

As the witness and his friends chatted at the street corner, they heard a loud crack from behind them. They turned and saw the man pouring his bottle of “water” over the victim.

The witness’ friends started chasing the attacker, but police advised them over the phone to stop for their own safety and the attacker got away.

The witness stayed with the victim who was bleeding from his head, moving around but not responding to questions. “We were all panicking,” said the witness. “But I told him ‘don’t move. You’ve been attacked. Help is on the way.’”

The witness also suggested that the liquid was gasoline, telling the Gazette that there was no car nearby that would have given off the smell.

According to the witness, the suspect and the victim had never spoken, and he hadn’t heard any insults or slurs.

Montreal police took samples of the liquid that they will test in a lab to determine what it was. While they haven’t confirmed yet if the liquid was gasoline, they told Global News that it wasn’t corrosive.

Canine units were sent to try and locate the water bottle and the suspect. Neither were ultimately found.

They also confirmed that nothing had been stolen from the victim, even though he had car keys, a wallet and his phone on him at the time. As to whether the bank’s security footage captured the scene, police did not confirm.

The suspect is described as a Caucasian male in his 20s with short brown hair who was wearing a pale blue shirt and black pants.

Community leaders have stressed that there is nothing to suggest that the attack was anti-Semitic in nature. Many Synagogues in the Outremont area held public gatherings to pray for the victim.

The victim, who was sedated upon arrival to the hospital after suffering a seizure, has seen a vast improvement in his health and was released on Monday afternoon. Miraculously, even though he had been reportedly choked for over a minute, he had no broken bones. However, he could not recall the assault although he did remember his rescuers.

While his health has improved, people can continue saying Tehillim (Psalms) for Shlomo Zalmen Ben Sheva, and the family has requested that anyone who would like to visit the victim should please contact his father to coordinate a time that would be appropriate.

People who have more information about the attack are asked to call the police (911). All information received will remain confidential and anonymous. A $10,000 reward is waiting for anyone who can provide the police with information leading to the arrest of the suspect.

By Zvi Hershcovich – Bill613.com

The Government has said it will not arrest Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu for “war crimes” in Gaza when he visits London next month – despite 82, for sale 000 petitioners asking authorities to do so.

In its written response, purchase a Foreign and Commonwealth Office statement read: “Under UK and international law, pills visiting head of government, such as Prime Minister Netanyahu, have immunity from legal process, and cannot be arrested or detained.”

The petition originated last month and would trigger a parliamentary debate if it reaches 100,000 signatures, with organisers saying Netanyahu should be held responsible for the “massacre” of over 2,000 people in Gaza last year.

Activist Damian Moran said: “It is a clear message to him that there’s a massive amount of people who don’t want him here.”

Sir Eric Pickles, the former minister and current chairman of Conservative Friends of Israel, said the petition was “absurd” and would have “no impact” on relations between the two states. The Israeli embassy described it as a “meaningless publicity stunt”.

By Jewishnews.co.uk

The Jewish Eldercare Centre celebrated its birthday along with those of some of its clients on July 29. Eleven of them are between 100 and 106 years young.

Claire Fern was born in New York on Feb. 28, nurse 1908 and began working on Wall St. in the late 1920s just before the crash of the stock market. When asked about the secret to her longevity, prescription she said “It’s not a secret. It is all in the hands of God.”

by The Montreal Gazette

The administration of the mikvah (ritual bath) used by the chevrah kadisha (burial society) in the hasidic enclave of Kiryas Tosh in Canada as decided not to change the water in the mikvah, treatment which was used for the immersion of the body of the elderly Rebbe of Tosh Rabbi Meshulam Feivish Lowy after he passed away August 11 at age 94.

Instead, healing Tosh intends to leave the water unchanged and charge hasidim – some of whom will be traveling from the US and other countries to Tosh for the High Holidays – $40 a pop to immerse in it before or during the holidays, cialis Behadrei Haredi reported – an almost certain violation of health codes and something that is appears not to be a known Jewish custom.

By Failedmessiah.com

A Chassidic man in his 20s is in critical condition and on a respirator after being viciously attacked outside an Outremont bank.

According to witnesses, seek the assailant was sitting on a bench outside of the bank located on the corner of Van Horne and McEachran at around 7:15pm on Thursday night.

When the man came out of the bank, help the assailant attacked, choking, beating and then pouring an known liquid over him. The attacker then fled.

Police say that nothing seems to have been taken from the victim during the attack.

“The victim was conscious at the arrival of police, but got worse at the hospital” said police spokesman Andrè Leclerc, “He is now unconscious and under sedation.”

People close to the victim told Yeshiva World News that he is suffering from a spinal fracture and bleeding to the brain.

Late Thursday evening the police brought in their K-9 unit to try and locate the attacker. They were unsuccessful.

The suspect is described as a white male in his 20s, with short brown hair. Police say he was wearing a light blue shirt and black shorts.

Montreal Jewish News


When not listening to Islamic anthems, the only pop music Osama Bin Laden listened to  was that of a Jewish French musician who loved Israel.

In a report by the BBC earlier in the week, Flagg Miller, an Arabic culture and literature expert, discussed his analysis of the collection 1,500 of cassettes found at Bin Laden’s abandoned compound in Kandahar, Afghanistan, including the music of Enrico Macias, an Algerian-born French singer.

Macias gained worldwide fame in the ’60s and ’70s. He was especially beloved in Israel, where he performed several times throughout the years and often expressed his love for the IDF.

“These songs suggest that that someone, at some point in their life, was enjoying the songs of this Algerian Jew – and may have continued to enjoy them despite other struggles that clearly would have suggested doing so was heresy,” Miller said.

He added that the Macias’s music showed how people in Kandahar were cultured and spoke a number of languages. “Many had lived in the West for long periods and it can’t be said enough that they had led multiple lives,” says Miller.

The collection of recordings were discovered shortly after the US invaded Afghanistan in 2001.

Bin Laden fled his Khandahar compound immediately, leaving behind the collection of discussions, speeches, battle recordings and religious music.

According to the report, the tapes were originally sold to a cassette store in the area and were intended to be recorded over with modern pop music, something that was banned for many years under the Taliban. However, a CNN cameraman convinced the store owner against this.

Jerusalem Post

The Obama administration scrambled to satisfy a Texas judge it shouldn’t be punished for violating his order freezing an executive action to loosen immigration rules.

At a hearing Wednesday in federal court in Brownsville, ambulance government lawyers repeatedly apologized to U.S. District Judge Andrew Hanen for mistakenly issuing 2, diagnosis 600 work permits after his order, and then making misleading statements on their compliance. Hanen froze the program after 26 states sued.

“We apologize for those miscommunications and regret them,’” James Gilligan, a Justice Department attorney, told Hanen. “They were inadvertent and unintended.”

“But they were repeated,” said Hanen.

Gilligan replied that the government responded immediately once it realized it had misled the judge about the permits.

“We weren’t trying to hide anything from the court in the first place,” Gilligan said. The administration said it has recovered all but 12 of the 2,600 permits.

The White House has submitted multiple reports to Hanen detailing extensive efforts to recover the permits. Agents have repeatedly texted, called and e-mailed immigrants to turn in their improper papers, with federal agents following up door-to- door to retrieve stragglers, the government said.

The states suing to block the program pressed Hanen to expand the government’s recovery campaign to include 108,000 work permits issued before Hanen’s freeze order.

Hanen, an appointee of Republican President George W. Bush, gave both sides until Sept. 4 to suggest what punishment he should impose on the Obama administration if he decides he was intentionally misled.

“I can just do nothing,” the judge told the lawyers. Or he could force immigration officials to disclose the names and locations of the 108,000 immigrants so their permits can be clawed back, either by the U.S. or the states.

Angela Colmenero, Texas’s lead lawyer, said the states prefer learning the identities and whereabouts of immigrants who may be using the permits to collect government benefits.

“The government should go back and unwind these benefits,” Colmenero said. “Every year those permits remain on the books, there are individuals seeking those benefits from the states.”

Obama’s initiative is designed to shield 5 million undocumented immigrants from deportation and provide work permits. Immigrants must be the parent of an American citizen and have lived in the U.S. for at least five years or have been brought here themselves as children. They must also pass a criminal background check to qualify

The White House has challenged Hanen’s freeze order in a bid to get the program up and running before Obama leaves office. The U.S. Court of Appeals in New Orleans hasn’t yet ruled on the request.

By Bloomberg News